Nintendo aired their Splatoon 2 Direct earlier today and went in-depth on all sorts of fun features and updates this game will have. Some highlights include:
- the ability to speed through Sheldon’s weapon descriptions
- updates to main weapons, sub weapons, special weapons, and gear abilities
- changes to the ranked battle system (players will receive a ranking for each game mode instead of a single overall rank)
- SplatNet 2, a service available through the Nintendo Switch Online mobile app that provides schedules, game stats, communication, and more
- new shop owners and venues to explore
- the Squid Sister’s musical replacements: “Off The Hook”, a singing duo comprised of Marina (on the right) and Pearl (on the left)
- and the Splatfest World Premiere on 7/15 from 3:00pm to 7:00pm PT. All Switch owners can download the Splatoon 2 demo and participate.
Splatoon 2 will be released to the Nintendo Switch on July 21.
You can check out the full Direct after the break!